Today-11/05/08


Today I am grateful for another blog I read just now. I was at my breaking point. My teen daughter has me weary: I am desperately trying to be who she needs; trying to help her make good decisions; trying to help her deal with the low self-esteem and abandonment issues that plague her; feeling guilty for being responsible for those issues; trying to prevent her from passing that family curse on to a new generation, illicitly created.
But with just a bible verse and a few empathetic words from a fellow struggling parent of a teenager, I feel like I am back on the track of taking it day by day and relying on God to work his magic in her life. I must remember that it is HER life. (she would love to hear me saying this right now and I don't mean it in the context in which she would want me to mean it) She will have to live it and I am only here as a safety net. To love her regardless of the decisions she makes.


I am ordering the book "The power of a praying parent" today.